Tuesday, November 20, 2007

MySpace

I was just thinking how many people have a distaste for Myspace and I understand, but I like MySpace and Facebook, because I can see so easily what the kids are doing and much of the time what they are thinking. They do expose a lot of information. I do think if you have a child on MySpace you should be monitoring them and their friends. Yet I have to remind myself that just because not all of my friends hold fast to my moral standards, nor do Joda's that my way of life is not the only way of life and I am not great about getting out there in the world, and I am not the authority on life styles. However, with that said if you want to date my daughter, you should know I'm looking at you and is the picture you paint of yourself on MySpace really the one you want me to see? Is it the one you want employers,teachers and your Mother or Father to see? I do think that kids tend to put up a profile of themselves that they think the other kids will like, and sometimes they are really as shallow as they look, but much of the time we have to look past some of the surface things to really see their heart. I like MySpace I get to see the kids that my daughter is in contact with.

No comments: