Sunday, November 25, 2007

Glutton!

We had a great Thanksgiving, Joe, Amanda and Natalie went to Dallas and I missed them, but all in all it was good . I let Keely in my kitchen this year to help me. This is kind of funny, I've never been good at sharing the kitchen, not because I don't want help, not because I'm totally impossible to please, but because I can't think with to much activity in the kitchen and I'm afraid of messing up. I asked Keely to come over on Wednesday and we would bake pies and do what we could to get ready for Thursday. We did and chopped celery and onions for the dressing and made cornbread for dressing. I was bragging about Keely's help and she was like "Yea Mom let me chop the celery and onions" She might not want in my kitchen any more! No- actually she made pies and offered much support. We made eight pies and I sent pies with everyone! It was one of my best Thanksgivings. I even ate more than usual, I think because it taste better when someone else cooks! I am going to start sharing the kitchen more!

Thanksgiving really peeked my interest in my family history this year and I started some research and I have found out that I am a mutt and I found some history I can be very proud of and some that does not make me to proud, and all I really learned is that I hope that someday when one of my descendants look back at me, they can say that she fed people. I have been blessed so, fed so well physically, spiritually, and emotionally, I just hope I can give the same to yet another generation to carry on.

No comments: