Monday, May 12, 2008

Economy

I'm a little tired, I gave up on politics a while back, I gave up on changing things by casting my vote (but I did) I gave up on trying to help people make better choices by preaching at them and have got it in my head rightly so that all of the demise of our country is actually the fault of Christians. Christians that are empty, Christians that are afraid to live in faith, Christians that are afraid to proclaim Jesus, Christians that are afraid to go to the lost, Christians that take children to church, but don't pray for children and with children, Christians that don't understand that the very reason that that live in a free and prosperous country is because God loves America, it was founded on Christian principles, it was a place Christians could worship freely. I think of all the Christian churches, many denominations, yet it is hard to find unity within one. I think we all have a little repenting to do, I think we all need to turn our hearts to Jesus, I think we need to talk to our Lord and Savior about revival in our hearts, before he is going to give us revival in the community, and country. It's funny but the very things that bring us convenience like this computer and Internet, cell phones, the things that should make it easier to communicate, really just steel our time and keep us from seeking out people in the flesh. God help us! I think God is calling and were not answering the phone, were to busy doing what we want to do to serve him. Shame on us! Is God going to bring us to our knees? Is our economy going to get that family, friends and neighbors are dependent on each other again, that families , friends and neighbors are on our knees together praying together for food for our children. Is that what it is going to take for God to show his glory through the Christian. I have felt in my heart for years now that God is disgruntled with America, we have had some small revivals through the hardships of 911, and Katrina, what will it take for a big revival. Do we touch the lives of lost by sending food and clothes to the orphanage, by giving to local charities, no - we might help meet the physical need of people, but do we stop and tell them they can have spiritual fulfillment. Do we share with them how and why we are able to help, because we have a God that meets our needs. Really what it boils down to is do we risk being called crazy, do we actually share our hearts our love of Christ our love for people.

1 comment:

preacherman said...

Great post.
It is so true.
I feel alot like you do.
I loved reading your blog and have added you to my favs.
God bless you Debbie and hope you have a wonderful week!