Friday, March 7, 2008

Neighbors

Today the daughter of one of my dear neighbors died, this was her last living child, she is 90 years old and just got out of the hospital Tuesday, after having a bad infection. Anyway, she is Joda's paint instructor and Joda goes down there once a week and paints with this lady and I didn't even know her daughter was ill. My heart ached so bad for her and I started crying as soon as I heard, because I have children and I knew how hard this must be for her. I felt really bad that I didn't even know the burden on her heart and I was telling someone at work about it and how terrible I felt that I had not known of the daughters illness, and that I hated to think of the terrible things people I love and care about are going through and I get so wrapped up in my own little crisis. I told my friend at work that I am like the Israelites that I forget all to fast that my God has already took care of my problems for me and all I have to do is live in faith and love Him and my neighbors, anyway she said to me "Debbie God sent you down here to talk to me, I have been focused on a problem at home that I don't need to focus on and you have walked in and reminded me of how Great is my God" So, I stand in awe of the ways God uses things and people to accomplish his purpose in so many hearts. What is really funny about the whole thing is I don't usually stop at work because I just work two hours in the am and two hours in the evening doing wound care and the patients I needed were busy, like in the shower, or with physical therapy, I actually punched out and decided to take a break and the first person I visited with, reminded me how Great is my God.

On a different note Nick and Sydney are spending the night with me tonight and Nick is wanting me to go to bed with him now. We usually sleep on the fold out couch, but it kills me so I drug up two twin mattresses from the basement and added an egg crate in front of the TV and right now we are watching Sponge Bob, once I made the mistake of watching Happy Feet and Sydney got a bad case of Happy Feet and I thought she would never settle down, anyway I stopped and said a prayer with Nick and he is fast asleep. How great is that! One down one to go, but Joda has gone to the movies with Drew, so I can't really go to sleep till she is safe at home or can I? After all this blogging about faith, I guess I could exercise some and just go slumber with my sweet Grandchildren.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Update we prayed for sweet dreams and Nick woke me up bright and early telling me "Granny, Granny It worked I had good dreams"

preacherman said...

Debbie,
I want you to know I love your blog and have added it to my favorites. I pray that God will bless your life in ways you have never known before. I will be visiting often. You are welcome anytime on my blog as well. I hope you have a blessed week.

Oh, about coffee which I love.
You need to try a Vinti Carmel Breve Latte at Starbucks. It is sooooo good.

Kinney Mabry